Online ECG Competency Exams
To SUSCRIBE: Please Contact Us
to get authorization to the Exam.
Registration for authorized use of all material on the ECG Competency web site is by subscription only.
Group discount rates are available for family medicine residency programs and other groups enrolling 8 or more participants in the program.
Pricing for access to all material on this web site for the 3-year duration of residency training (or comparable interval if the user
is not in residency) is as follows:
- GROUP Registration Price (groups must contain 8 or more users) = $10 per user for the initial year.
(Thus, initial registration price for a group of 12 users = $120).
if interested in a Group Subscription.
I will provide you a quote with fee for adding users in subsequent years.
- Individual Registration Price = $35 one time fee.
(To ORDER - Click
- Please allow 1-to-4 days after purchase for me to e-mail you your password and login instructions).
Once you have subscribed – you will receive your password for access to ECG Competency.
We have developed 3 Practice Exams and 4 REAL Exams for use by subscribers to ECG Competency.
All questions and images are copyright © by
KG-EKG Press and may not be used for any purpose
except for practice, study and taking the tests on this website.
ABOUT the Exam
The figures and questions on the Practice and Real Exams have been developed by Dr. Ken Grauer
with the goal of representing an assessment of the essential areas of clinical ECG interpretation by the primary care clinician.
The following is a list of the major Content Categories that are tested:
- Rate & Rhythm (including recognition of sinus mechanism rhythms; normal variant rhythms; PACs-PJCs-PVCs; junctional rhythms; ventricular rhythms; AV blocks and AV dissociation; sinus pause duration; sick sinus rhythms).
- Tachycardias (including atrial fibrillation/flutter/MAT/PSVT/VT; differential diagnosis of regular narrow and wide-complex tachycardias; rhythms of cardiac arrest).
- Intervals-Conduction Defects (assessment of PR/QRS/QT interval duration; causes of a long QT; diagnosis of RBBB/LBBB/IVCD/WPW; awareness of Brugada syndrome).
- Axis-Hemiblocks (axis determination including recognition of a normal axis; right and left axis deviation; indeterminate axis; hemiblocks).
- Chamber Enlargement (recognition of LAA/RAA/LVH/RVH/COPD and ECG signs of pulmonary embolism).
- Ischemia-Infarction-QRST Changes (recognition of ischemia and new or old infarction; recognition of infarct location; assessment of QRST changes including nonspecific abnormalities, repolarization and other normal variants; knowing when Q waves and T inversion should be concerning; causes of ST depression; recognition of pericarditis and electrolyte disorders; causes of a tall R in V1).
- Technical Mishaps (recognizing lead misplacement; distinction from dextrocardia; other technical mishaps).
- Clinical Decision-Making (including recognition of acute vs old ECG changes; deciding what should be done for the patient whose tracing is shown in view of the clinical history presented in the question).
Suggestions and Feedback
I WELCOME your feedback on ECG Competency.
with your comments/questions/suggestions.
Ken Grauer, MD (email@example.com)
Designation of a "passing" or "not passing" score on the exams in ECG Competency is based on the opinion of the developer as to what should constitute a minimal level of competency in ECG interpretation in the area of primary care. This is NOT an official designation.